Korg microKORG Synthesiser / Vocoder
In the summer of 2002, Korg unleashed the compact and portable microKORG Synthesizer / Vocoder. More than just another synthesizer, the microKORG virtual analog synthesizer opened a new avenue for music-making. Combining mini-keys, battery power, a simple-to-use interface, and phenomenal sound, all at an attractive price, microKORG made the synthesizer available to every musician. Bass players, singers, guitarists, producers, DJs, horn players, all flocked to add the professional sounds of the microKORG synthesizer to their instrument arsenal.
One of the top-selling synthesizers in the world every year since its release, microKORG remains the champion of Korg’s successful microSERIES: the microKORG XL, microSAMPLER, microPIANO, microSTATION, and microARRANGER.
- 37 mini-keys with velocity sensing
- 4-Voice Analog Modeling synth engine
- 128 completely editable presets
- 5 Assignable, tweak-able, realtime edit knobs
- 8-Band Vocoder with gooseneck mic
- Unique Formant Hold and Formant Shift Vocoder features
- Interactive arpeggiator with selectable steps
- External audio processing
- 3 Effects: Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, and Ensemble
- 3 Delay Modes plus a 2-Band EQ
- High-visibility LED display and indicators
- Illuminated buttons
- Retro-styling with solid wood endblocks
- Pitch Bend & Modulation wheels
- Battery-powered portability
With the microKORG analog modeling synthesizer, hardware matters. The built-in vocoder and selectable-step arpeggiator add a new dimension to performing and recording without the need to master new technologies. External sounds can be processed by the microKORG’s filter and more. With dedicated knobs and an index to the sound-editing parameters available on the front panel, microKORG allows each player to go as deep into the sound engine as desired. But for many musicians, just choosing the sounds from the convenient categories provides instant satisfaction.