Dave Smith Prophet '08 PE Synthesiser
The Dave Smith Prophet '08 PE (potentiometer edition) has all the features of the standard Prophet '08, but many of the front panel's rotary controls use potentiometers (AKA "pots") for more "vintage-style" control.
- The only affordable, full-featured polysynth with a 100% analog signal path.
- Classic, real analog sound—including legendary Curtis analog low-pass filters—married to a modern feature set.
- Compact size, huge sound.
- Tons of knobs for direct, real-time editing and performance.
Dave Smith Prophet '08 PE Specifications
Ins and Outs
- 5-octave keyboard with semi-weighted action, velocity, and aftertouch.
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
- 256 fully editable Programs (2 banks of 128) with 2 Layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program.
- 16 x 4 gated step sequencer
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync.
- White noise generator
- 1 Analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode).
- 3 Envelope Generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop.
- 4 LFOs
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator.
- Analog VCAs
- Dimensions: 12.1" (30.73 cm) W x 34.8" (88.39 cm) L x 3.875" (9.84 cm) H (2.25" at front edge; the feet account for 0.25" of the total height)
- Weight: ~22 lbs. (9.98 kg)
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4" stereo phone jack.
Includes power supply for 110V – 240V AC operation (13-15 VDC, 400 mA) and operation manual.