Sherman Filterbank v2 Compact Analogue Filterbank
The Sherman Filterbank V2 It is a versitale filter effect box with tube sound overdrive, 12 parameters of it are MIDI controllable.
Any sound source, live or in studio can be used, but it’s obvious that you won’t get far without an external sound source.
It's a smart decision to buy this unit, because it is not based on processor calculation speed, it will keep it's value for many years.
All Filterbank V2 Compact orders come with a FREE Sherman T-Shirt
- Live performance of music producers & dj's.
- Expansion module for modular synthesizer systems. - Mix effect or specialised equalisation in studio.
- Enhancement of dull sounding digital gear.
- Guitar overdrive effect box...
All Sound sources are Usable on the input, e.g.
Synth / Drum machines / Eurorack Modular Gear / Samplers / Guitar / Bass Guitar / Microphone / Audio signals / Effect Sends / Rhodes Piano / Hammond Organ / Saxophone, etc .....
What it is:
- A powerful analog filtering and distortion unit with a huge frequency range and a killing TUBE overdrive behavior.
- Easy and FUN to use, live and in the studio
- A small modular system? YES!
- Another 303 clone? NO!
- Affordable? YES!
- Application: processing every sound source, effect mixing, expanding modular systems, etc.
What you get:
- Independent low pass, band pass and high pass filters with resonance, frequency and ADSR (positive - negative) controls
- These are switchable between parallel or serial
- The second filter has a 6 octave switch, and is synchronizable with the first filter
- 1 ADSR generator for these filters with an external output for use with more filterbanks or modular systems, triggered by the incoming signal, by a second sounds source, or by a gate
- 1 FM input for the filters, internal or external audio, LFO or CV
- 1 VCA overdrive with AR generator also
- 1 ring modulator input, internal or external audio, LFO or CV
Pease note: all new Filterbank V2s supplied will include these new functions
Middle Position ADSR Switch
Here ADSR trigger 'freezes' in the red zone of the LFO, this bizarre 'feature' is incorporated after a batch of FB's accidentally got 3-pos switches.
The LFO has a randomly influence on the ADSR.
The working of this is very dependent on the ADSR settings and LFO speed.
The ADSR can be softly retriggered by the LFO in some ADSR settings.
Noise Genereator/ Feedback Circuit
(Featured in all Filterbank2 models from serial number 7786 and higher.
This circuit is activated when no jack is plugged at the input, there are 4 different modes:
( * half plug any jack in input will stop the noise generator and thus offer alternative feedback effects)
- both outs plugged : pure noise at input *
- only 'Main out' plugged : noise & feedback mixed *
- only 'Out1' plugged : feedback thru filter 2 *
- only 'Out1' half plugged : pre VCA tap feedback thru filter 2 *
- The noise * /feedback generator is pitched by filter 1 clock sample & hold circuit
Range Extension Function
(Featured in all Filterbank2 models from serial number 8280 and higher.
Prior to this serial number, in Harmonic mode, Freq2 knob and ADSR amount knob were not used.
In Harmonic mode (blue led on) while Freq2 knob and ADSR amount knob are not zero, this function will:
- transpose both center frequencies
- downscale the harmonic ratios gradually
- cut away low on LP and BP (sounds thinner)
- boost low in HP (evolves to all pass)
- create cross modulation interference distortion via all possible Freq2 modulations : Freq2 knob, ADSR, LFO, FM and MIDI Mod wheel
What's Different About The Sherman Filterbank V2:
There are 5 extra switches and 2 extra LEDs, and on the back panel there's one pedal input jack. A reworked front-panel lay-out and the grey metal color.
- The pedal input allows foot control of freq1and bypass/effect switching. You can rewire an old wah (because they have a switch on board) as shown by te diagram in ‘extra stuff’.
- A 5mm big green LED indicates "Effect on" on the FB 2
- A 3-way switch on the input stage allows Hi boost as well Hi cut (both boosting high frequencies at input)
- Another 3-way switch allows "Sensitrig" (which makes the triggering twice as sensitive for, e.g. clean string pad filtering) and "Limit", which leaves the filters more "breathing room" for self-oscillation if the input stage is extremely overdriven.
- A 3-way switch has 2 general transpose functions : +1 Octave and + Quint which works nice with monophonic signals, and has a specific dirty character.
- A 3-way switch for the really powerful and quite revolutionary "Tracking" function - a monophonic pitch follower, that tunes filter 2 to the incoming pitch, and makes filter 1 slave of filter 2 via the harmonics switch. E.g. in position 2, filter 1 will be pitched one octave higher than filter 2, but still following the pitch. This extra switch activates the "tracking" in a normal or deep "track low" position, with stunning basses as result.
- The "revolutionary" aspect of this function is that never before any similar system enhances "on the spot" harmonics and creates new harmonics with fat analog circuits.
- An extra white LED indicates when the tracking system is "locked on".
- At last there is an 3-way function switch in the LFO section, allowing sawtooth wave shape OR AR retrig : this forces an LFO restart from the AR trig with pumping grooves as unavoidable result. If you want to receive a new brochure, please ask your dealer first.
Sherman Filterbank V2 Tabletop Version Dimensions:
- 430 mm (19 ") width
- 110 mm depth
- 80 mm height
- Packed weight : 4.3 Kg