BAE 1073 MP Dual Channel Stereo Mic Pre
After building the 1272 for many years, we were constantly asked to rack the units in an enclosed chassis. When we finally came around to it we opened up the possibility to add certain features like a phase button etc. After that we then tweeked the circuit to make the gain more like a 1073.
Features of the BAE 1073 MP Single Channel Mic Pre
- 1. Phase reverse button.
- 2. Impedance select between 1200 and 300 ohms.
- 3. Direct input switch.
- 4. Balanced line input
- 5. 48v phantom power.
- Same 283 amp card as 1073
- Same transformers as the 1073
- Same hand-wired modular construction that BAE is known for.
- Two Class A preamps with direct inputs in a single rack space with a power supply
- High Impedance direct input for guitar and synthesizer
- Output level control serves as gain trim between the 5 dB steps on gain switch
- Balanced mic input and balanced +4 dB output are on XLR connectors on the rear of the module.
- Similar Class A preamp as Neve™* 1073 equalizer/preamp modules
- Pad is an integral part of the gain switch same as Neve™* 1073 equalizer/preamp modules
- Oversize remote power supply can operate up to four channels of preamp
- One-year warranty
- 10 Day satisfaction guarantee
The 1073MP preamp yields a really fat sound. It seems to add subharmonics to the low end which makes the bottom end sound huge. It smoothes the top end which gives the highs a silky sheen. As well the 1073MP compresses transients a little bit. It is a smooth, fat., larger than life sound. An added bonus is to use the DI inputs to fatten samples, synths and mixes since the DI can handle line levels.
Set the gain knob (red Marconi) around 20 on the dial and set the output (grey knob) fully clockwise. This gives you the highest headroom and cleanest signal path. Every click is in 5db increments so if one click is too hot, attenuate the output to get in between the 5db steps.
Another trick people like to do is to put the final mix through the line inputs on the back to get that harmonic distortion. To get even more of that Class A output stage is to come out of channel 1 and into channel 2 then you have an accumulative effect of that classic output stage.
* Neve is a trademark or registered trademark of AMS-Neve LTD and BAE is not affiliated with such entity.
* Please note that this unit requires a BAE 24V PSU to operate.
The power supply can run 2 units simultaneously thats why units are sold separately as well.
Please choose the correct option when adding to the cart.
BAE 1073 MP Single Channel Mic Pre Specifications
Mic Input Impedance
Line Input Impedance
DI Input Impedance
Common Mode Rejection Ratio
Maximum Output Level
Equivalent Input Noise
- -110 dBu; Unweighted 300kHz Bandwidth
- 8 LBS/3.63 KG
- 10 LBS/4.54 KG