The Kite is the new stereo tube EQ from Thermionic Culture designed to go on a master or mix bus.
It comes with dual controls for input gain bass boost / cut, high pass filter and a top shelf control, all with switchable frequencies and air and attitude controls to boost the high frequencies and valve harmonics respectively.
Features of the Thermionic Culture The Kite include:
- All controls are stereo except O/P TRIM and are indented for easy recall;
- HPF (High Pass Filter) operates at 20 & 40Hz with a 12dB/octave curve;
- BASS BOOST and BASS CUT both have 2 selectable operating frequencies,
- which can be used together for a Mid Cut effect;
- TOP SHELF is a broad Mid/Top Lift, a little like a Presence control. Also has 2 frequencies.
- AIR boosts the higher Top and will give an amazing clear yet warm sound, only available with out valve products;
- ATTITUDE is our own switch that adds those special 2nd harmonics only possible with valves! ;
- OUTPUT TRIM - Separate controls to adjust finely the 2 channels, also -6dB switches;
- XLR connectors, "semi floating" inputs and unbalanced outputs are employed;
- A transformer balanced version is available to order, in Purple.
The new Thermionic Culture The Kite EQ comes as:
- Black Faceplate
- Unbalanced Outputs
- Limited stock available now
- Purple Faceplate
- Balanced transformers on Outputs
- Availability – Approx 1 month
Input impedance 10kΩ
Output impedance 220Ω
Distortion (@ +4dBu) ≤0.015% @ Attitude 1
MOL @ 1% Distortion +25dBu
Noise < -80dBu
Attitude 1: <10Hz to 56kHz
Attitude 3: <10Hz to 20kHz
Attitude 6: 15Hz to 9kHz
Crosstalk (dB) Channel 1: 1kHz -72
Channel 2: 1kHz -72
Phase shift Interchannel: 0.25º at 10kHz
Input to Output: 13 º at 10kHz
Thermionic Culture The Kite Video review: