Pultec MEQ-5 Matched Pair Tube Equaliser
Use the Pultec MEQ-5 midrange equaliser to fine-tune this crucial frequency range in your mixes, while adding undeniable Pultec vibe too. The MEQ-5 dedicates its existence to everything between 200Hz and 7kHz. Thats where your vocal tracks are most vibrant, where your guitars have girth and body, and generally where mixes either shine or fall flat. In classic Pultec fashion you get two bands of midrange boost and one attenuation band, and that's all you need to add amazing mojo to any track with the Pultec MEQ-5 midrange equaliser.
Magical tools revered for their ability to improve the sound of audio simply by passing signal through them, Pultec equalisers like the MEQ-5 are the stuff of legend. You've heard them on countless hits. Rare vintage units cost a pretty penny - if you can find one in good working order. So naturally, there have been many hardware and software "re-creations" over the years. Well, now you can grace your recordings with the sweet sound of the MEQ-5: a genuine, made-in-America Pultec EQ.
A short, detailed, vibrant and rich midrange is what separates world-class mixes from the rest. It's where most of the sonic excitement of your mix lives, and the MEQ-5 gives you two bands of boost and one attenuation band to shape it just right. The sound is amazing, and with a little experimentation you'll be enhancing vocal intelligibility and beefing up guitars with incredibly musical results.
- Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
- A time-proven solution for your mix's crucial midrange
- Single-channel, three-band midrange equaliser built exactly like the original, legendary Pultec units
- Combines the vintage character of original Pultecs with the reliability of modern design
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- Fantastic EQ for guitars, vocals, woodwinds, and other midrange-rich material
- Separate boost and cut bands provide surprising creative potential
PLEASE NOTE - ALL UNITS ARE FACTORY 220/230V. US PURCHASED MODELS ARE 110V ONLY AND HAVE NO WARRANTY OUTSIDE THE US
Pultec MEQ-5 Specifications
Number of Channels - 1
Number of Bands - 3
Tube - Yes
Bypass - Yes
Inputs - 1 x XLR
Outputs - 1 x XLR
Rack Spaces - 2U
+10dB low-mid boost, +8dB high-mid boost, -10dB midrange attenuation
Frequency Response - 20Hz-20kHz
Freq Range Hi-Mid - 1.5kHz-5kHz
Freq Range Mid - 200Hz-7kHz
Freq Range Lo-Mid - 200Hz-1kHz
Height - 3.5"
Width - 19"