Pultec EQP-500S 500 Series Program Equaliser
The Pultec EQP-500S is a 500-series EQ modelled exactly on the rackmount EQP-1S3-SS solid stateprogram bringing the legendary punch and warmth of Pultec EQs to the 500 Series format.
The Pultec EQP-500S 500 Series Program Equaliser uses the same API2520 op-amps as the 19” rack sibling to drive the make-up gain stage. Using such solid-state op-amps instead of vacuum tubes, delivers sweet highs and tight and punchy low-end.
The Pultec EQP-500S features the same unique curves and frequency selection found on the Pultec EQP-1S3 which differs from the original Pultec EQP-1A.
The Low Frequency band features selectable 30Hz, 40Hz, 70Hz and 100Hz frequencies while the high band adds 5 frequencies including 3 peak boost (1kHz, 2kHz and 6kHz) and two shelf bands at 5kHz and 10kHz.
Features of thePultec EQP-500S 500 Series Program Equaliser:
- Single-channel, 2-band equalizer built to 500 Series specifications
- The vintage character of original Pultecs, the reliability of modern design
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- Bandwidth control lets you decide how wide a range you're sculpting
- Separate boost and cut controls provide additional creative potential
- 30, 40, 70, 100Hz shelf boost, 0-13.5dB
- 30, 40, 70, 100Hz shelf attenuate, 0-17.5dB
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12kHz peak boost, 0-18dB
- 5, 10kHz shelf boost, 0-14dB
- 5, 10, 20kHz shelf attenuate, 0-16dB
- Amplifier: 20Hz-20kHz; +0, -1dB (ref: 1kHz, including input/output transformers)
- Input transformer: 600 ohms; output transformer: 600 ohms
- Noise: below -80dBm; output level: +21dBm maximum
- Distortion: 0.15% at 10dBm into 600 ohms