BAE 1032 Pre and EQ Module
The new BAE 1032 Pre and EQ Module was inspired by the frequencies of the classic 1081. It uses the same high-quality components and manufacturing techniques used in other BAE modules featuring the same Class A transformer-coupled circuits and same modular cards for long-term serviceability.
Along with the passive inductor high-pass filter, the BAE 1032 4-band equaliser provides greater coverage. The high-mid and low-mid frequencies overlap for flexibility in correcting problem frequencies. The BAE 1032 also provides a more comprehensive high-frequency shelf up to 24kHz for extended high-frequency correction without compromising the mid-range.
Many people loved the EQ portion of the 1081 but the amplifier was class A/B. Our clients told us that they prefer the class A output and so we now have a 1081 inspired equalizer with a 1073 preamp.
Features of the BAE 1032 Pre and EQ Module
- Inspired by the 1081 EQ points using the same inductor specifications.
- Class A transformer-coupled.
- Hand wired, all discrete using modular cards.
- 4-band with HPF.
- Low and High Mid-band overlapping frequencies.
- Extended selection for high frequency shelving.
- High quality Swiss made Elma® rotary switches.
BAE 1032 Pre and EQ Module Specifications
- +/-16dB selectable frequency shelving at 10, 12, 16, 20 or 24 kHz.
- +/-16dB with selectable frequency shelving of 35Hz, 60Hz, 110Hz & 220Hz.
1081 Upper Mid Frequency:
- +/-18dB peaking, fixed 'Q' , selectable centre frequencies of 1.5Khz, 1.8kHz, 2.2Khz, 2.7kHz, 3.3Khz, 3.9kHz, 4.7kHz, 5.6kHz , 6.8kHz and 8.2Khz , inductor based.
1081 Lower Mid Frequency:
- +/-18dB peaking, fixed ´Q´, selectable center frequencies of 220Hz, 270Hz, 330Hz, 390Hz, 470Hz, 560Hz, 680Hz, 820Hz, 1000Hz and 1200Hz, , inductor based.
High Pass Filter:
- 18dB per octave slope, switchable between 50Hz, 80Hz, 160Hz & 300Hz, inductor based.
Mic Input Impedance:
- HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm.
Line Input Impedance:
- 10KOhms bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
- Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 Ohms.
- Greater than +26dBm into 600 Ohms, greater than +32dBu into 10KOhms.
- Less than 0.025% at 1Khz, Less than 0.05% at 100Hz.
- 20Hz (+0.3dB) to 20Khz (-0.2dB).
- Slightly greater than 80dB.