Overstayer Saturator NT-02A
The Overstayer Saturator NT-02A is a unique dual-channel harmonics and distortion processor designed to add colour and warmth to your mixes, from subtle tape-like colouration to sonic mayhem and is equally at home on drums, vocals, guitars, bass, keyboards or an entire mix.
The Overstayer Saturator NT-02A features an impressive set of controls designed to provide a wide choice of tones and colours to suit your productions. At the core of the Saturator lies a unique distortion circuit controlled by the Saturation knob and the Shape 3 button. The Saturation knob lets you dial in as much colour as you wish, from subtle harmonic enhancement to extreme analogue saturation while the Shape 3 button shapes the distortion further by adding pre and post emphasis filtering as well as engaging a 3rd harmonics distortion circuit. The Shape 3 brings a tape-like quality to your sound. Both the Saturation and Shape 3 can be used in conjunction or independently.
In addition, the Overstayer Saturator NT-02A features a comprehensive filter section including low-cut and high-cut filtering. The Low-cut filter includes a resonance control which controls the amount of peak at the cut-off frequency point. This can be used to great effect to dramatically boost the low-end to make huge sounding kick drums or dub-like bass capable of making the walls shake. Self-oscillation is also possible just like filters found on synthesizers.
The Saturator also boasts a Boost control which adds clean gain to the overall audio prior to the saturation circuit ensuring that the level of the incoming sound is high enough for the distortion circuit to reach the sweet-spot. Finally, a Blend knob lets you blend the original back with the processed signal.
Overstayer Saturator NT-02A Overview:
• Dual-channel stereo unit harmonics and distortion processor with filtering option
• Saturation circuit to produce subtle harmonic enhancement to full-on analogue distortion.
• Shape 3 - Additional independent 3rd harmonic distortion circuit with pre and post emphasis filtering available for tape-like saturation
• A bypass-able 12dB (2-pole) high pass filter with resonance control. Wide range sweepable from 30Hz to 4.7KHz.
• Resonance controls the peak level at the cut-off frequency for larger than life sounds.
• Fixed 6dB high-cut filter at 6KHz can be engaged to tame high frequencies especially in high gain circumstances.
• Blend controls the balance between the source signal and the processed signal.