The MEC-1A combines the all tube based designs of the MP 1A Microphone Preamplifier, EQ 1A Equaliser and CL2A Compressor in a powerful, 2U recording package.The TUBE-TECH MEC 1A Recording Channel is a one channel recording unit, featuring a microphone preamplifier equalizer and compressor. At the heart of the shelving and bell filters you will find a tube operational amplifier.The MEC 1A is all tube based except for the power supply. Input and Output have fully floating transformers. All DC voltages are stabilized, except the anode voltage for the output stage.
The sound of the MEC1A is full and warm yet open and transparent and is a compact cost effective '3 in one' solution if you need a superior front end for your recordings.
MEC 1A Features
- Freq. response @-3 dB: 5 Hz – 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -85 dBU @ 10 dB gain
- CMRR: > 60 dB @ 10 kHz
- Output gain: Off to +10 dB
- Clickless swap relay (EQ <-> comp)
- Separate in/out switch per section
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Gold plated switches
- Fully regulated power supply with torodial transformer
- All-tube design (except PSU & sidechain circuit)
- In- and output are transformer balanced and fully floating