Anthony DeMaria Labs SCL1500 two channel/stereo tube limiter
The SCL1500 is a 2U rack-mounted hand-built all-valve stereo compressor. Solidly built, the SCL 1500 from Anthony DeMaria Labs gives outstanding performance with its uncompromising design, based on the early Teletronix LA-2A. The 8-valve circuit gives you the classic valve warmth and excellent dynamic range you'd be looking for in the hard-to-find original. The SCL1500 layout is simple and easy to operate with gain and peak reduction knobs on each input, two large VU meters and meter selection switches. That's it. But the years of experience that ADL have gained with their products combine to make the ADL 1500 a superlative performer. Whether you want to control the dynamics with smoothness and transparency or just impart some of that much-loved valve sound to your recording, the ADL SCL 1500 is the effortless master of the situation.
- All tube design (no IC's or chips)
- Opto attenuators for "invisible" compression
- High quality transformer balanced inputs and outputs
- XLR input and output jacks
- Stereo link switch on front panel
- Stereo adjust pots on front panel
- Wide dynamic range (15Hz - 30K)
- Works with unbalanced systems
- Handbuilt in the USA
- Heavy-duty chassis
- Great for analogue & digital recording as well as live sound
Anthony DeMaria Labs SCL1500 Specifications
- Frequency Response: 15Hz-30kHz ± 0.5 dB
- Clip: +22
- Distortion: @+4 + 0.75% @+20 + 0.18%
- Noise: -80 dB
- Input/Output Impedance: 600 Ohm Balanced XLR
- Gain Reduction: 40 dB
- Gain: 40 dB ± 1 dB
- Attack Time: 10 uSec.
- Release Time: ~0.07s. for 50% Release, 0.5s - 4s for 100% Release
- Panel Size: Standard Two Rack Space (2U)
- Panel Controls: Gain Reduction/Output +4 Switch Gain, Peak Reduction
- Power: 117 (Standard), 240 (Available on Request)
- 100-120-V FUSE: 1/2-A S/B 5x20mm
- 220-240-V FUSE: 1/4-A S/B 5x20mm
- Tube Complement: (2) 12AX7A, (1) 12BH7A, (1) 6AQ5A
- Physical: Shipping Weight: 12 lb.
All audio transformers are designed according to original specifications which has allowed us to not only serve our needs, but also service and repair original 660 and 670 Fairchilds.