Millennia Media STT1 Recording Channel
For the producer / engineer / musician who needs fast, easy access to a vastly expanded sonic palette with uncompromised signal integrity, there's no better tool. Easily and quickly patch vacuum tube pre-amplifiers or processors with discrete solid state Class-A circuits. Use transformer or transformerless coupling through wide-ranging inputs and outputs. The choice - and the sound - is entirely yours.
All Origin signal processing circuits are identical to the acclaimed standalone Millennia products used by world-class recording and mastering engineers. This kind of purity means you can adjust dynamics or EQ without compromising the integrity of the source. The track will sit exactly where you want it in the mix, yet the processing is so clear it seems part of the original. Input Transformer Option Millennia circuits are inherently Transformerless. But on aggressive sources such as drums and electric bass, there's also transformer-coupled inputs such as Rupert Neve's original Class-A, all-discrete designs from the 1960s. The custom MIT-01 transformer provides its own "fat," euphonic coloration, adding pleasing distortion at high dynamic levels and wide frequency excursions. It may not be lifelike, but the larger than life sound can really cut through a mix.
Microphone preamplifiers magnify the input as much as 1000:1. There's no "Undo" after this point. Coloration or distortion become part of the signal. Millennia's unique designs avoid circuit-induced artifacts, giving you total control. Amplify the original sonic information with an absolute minimum of alteration, or apply tonal colors so authentic they seem to become part of the source itself.
- Twin Mic Preamps - M-2B vacuum tube or HV-3 discrete solid state
- Twin NSEQ-2 Mastering-Grade Parametric EQs - vacuum tube or discrete solid state
- Three Opto Compressor/Limiter Paths - TCL vacuum tube, discrete solid state, passive
- Twin Opto De-Esser Paths - vacuum tube or discrete solid state
- Vacuum tube or discrete solid state line level paths
- Input coupling with or without MIT-01 audio transformer
- 1/4" vacuum tube DI input - route via tube or solid state gain path
- Effortless, lifelike musical performance at all levels
- Musically rich vacuum tubes available
- Gold audio connectors, tube sockets, relays and switches
- 3/8" thick radius extruded aluminum face plate
- Durable black mirror-gloss anodized finish
- Mil spec 16 gauge cold-rolled steel chassis
- Ultra-clean toroid power supply: internal sub-chassis
- Hand machined aluminum knobs, illuminated IT&T pushbuttons
- Mogami Neglex OFC audio wiring
- Silver Teflon power wiring
- True audio VU meter for output level or dynamics gain reduction