Neve 1073 LB 500 Series Preamp
Launched in 1970, the original Neve 1073 module is perhaps the world’s most famous and desirable microphone preamp for recording vocals and instruments of all types. The first choice of countless leading producers and artists, the 1073 delivers the unique Neve sound featured on some of the most famous recordings of the past 40 years.
The big, punchy sound of the 1073 classic complements any musical genre from rock to pop, hip-hop to rap, thrash to classical. And now it is available for your LunchboxTM Crafted in England by Neve engineers, the 1073LB retains the unique sonic characteristics of the original 1073 classic microphone preamplifier by using the same architecture, matching components and original hand-wound transformers. And it delivers it in a modern and portable form-factor that professional producers and engineers demand.
With new features like a fine trim control, switchable microphone input impedance, signal presence LED, intelligent protected switching of front combi-XLR input connector and Neve’s clever Audio Processing Insert design, the 1073LB takes your LunchboxTM to the next level. Simply install into an empty slot in your compatible LunchboxTM rack, connect your microphone or line level signals and inject that legendary sound into your audio creations. Neve no question.
- Classic transformer microphone preamp amp (Class A design)
- Neve designed hand-wound transformers
- Both Mic and Line inputs are transformer balanced and earth free
- Gain knob with Signal Presence LED
- +5/-20dB level Trim control with integrated phantom power on/off switch
- Phase, Impedance and Front Input selector switches
- Front combi-XLR connector with intelligent switching of phantom power
- Audio Processing Insertdesign allows processing from adjacent Neve modules in same LunchboxTM to be inserted into the 1073LB's pre-output stage
- Microphone Input: Gain -80db to -20dB in 5dB steps
- Line Input: Input impedance 4k ohms bridging, gain -20dB to +10dB in 5dB steps
- Output is transformer balanced and earth free
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
- (80kHz bandwidth)
- Freq Response: 0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz
- Crafted in England by Neve engineers