PMC IB1S Passive Monitors
The IB1S is an extremely flexible 3-way monitor, which has found its home in the most varied of environments.
Commonly seen in Mastering, Broadcast and Postproduction in either stereo or surround when partnered with its dedicated centre channel and SB100 sub bass system. Its huge popularity in Hollywood film scoring and postproduction is assisted by the option of ‘Film filters’. This gives 2 positions of HF roll off: 1.5dB and 3dB per Oct and Flat position.
The IB1S features wide dispersion soft domed fabric mid and high frequency units and the PMC 10" carbon fibre and Nomex™ flat piston low frequency driver. This flat patented driver increases dynamic handling and eliminates distortion that may occur due to cone break up.
You can find the IB1S in the following studios:
BBC Technologies Headquaters .
- PMC ATL™ (Advanced Transmission Line) with 2 sections
- 27mm Twin Chamber fabric Soft dome HF with high performance ferro-fluid cooling
- 75mm Soft Dome mid range in isolated enclosure
- PMC 10” / 250mm carbon fibre & Nomex™ piston driver
- Phenomenal bass response down to 25Hz
- Magnetic shielding available (IB1SM)
- Matching low profile centre channel (IB1SM-C)
- Matching SB100 subwoofer to complete a surround system
- Film filter option: HF Roll off 1.5dB, 3dB & Flat
- Custom speaker stands for optimising performance 840mm (33") High
- Recommended amp power up to 500W
- Activation option with Bryston PowerPac 120™ (IB1S-A)