The new ATC SCM12i Pro passive monitor is effectively an adaptation of its SCM12 Pro compact, high-performance, two-way passive studio monitor released in September 2016 to widespread critical acclaim, albeit (re)designed for simple installation into recording, post-production, broadcast, and film studios of all shapes and sizes.
While weighing in at a reasonable 15kg/33lbs (per cabinet), the ATC SCM12i Pro’s compact cabinet size — 400x238x235mm/ 15.7”x9.4”x9.3” (HxWxD) — and exceptional performance attributes — amplitude linearity: 80Hz – 16kHz (+/-2dB); cutoff frequencies: 56Hz – 22kHz (-6dB freestanding); dispersion: ±80° coherent horizontal, ±10° coherent vertical; maximum continuous SPL: 108dB (per pair @ 1m) — make it an ideal loudspeaker for use in surround/multi-channel recording/mixing, and immersive audio applications such as Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and Auro 3D. To facilitate simple installation in whatever audio environment it may find itself — immersive or otherwise, the cabinet features mounting points compatible with popular wall/ceiling brackets, such as those offered by the likes of Californian company Adaptive Technologies Group and German giant König & Meyer (K&M).
The SCM12i Pro is designed around the same philosophy as ATC’s two- and three-way active monitor loudspeakers and also employs driver components and technology found in those larger models, resulting in exceptional consistency across the product range. Indeed, it is worth noting that the monitor makes use of the company’s celebrated drive units for both the mid/bass and tweeter, both being meticulously hand built at its UK facility.
ATC SCM12i Pro Key Features:
- It’s compact size and exceptional performance make it an ideal loudspeaker for use in surround/multi-channel recording/mixing and immersive audio applications such as Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro 3D.
- To facilitate simple install, the cabinet features mounting points compatible with popular wall/ceiling brackets.
- The SCM12i is designed around the same philosophy as ATC’s 2 and 3-way active monitor loudspeakers and also employs driver components & technology found in these larger models resulting in exceptional consistency across the product range.
ATC SCM12i Pro Details:
- Wide bandwidth & high SPL capability
- Neutral timbre & low distortion for low listener fatigue
- 150mm / 6” ATC CLD Bass Driver
- 25mm / 1” ATC Dual-Suspension HF Driver
- Cabinet mounting points for wall/ceiling mount
- 6 year warranty
ATC SCM12i Pro Specification:
Drivers: HF ATC 1˝/25mm dual suspension Soft Dome (SH25-76 6 Ohm)
LF ATC 6˝/150mm Constrained Layer Damping (CLD) (SB50-150CLD 8 Ohm)
Amplitude Linearity: 80Hz – 16kHz (+/-2dB)
Cut Off Frequencies: 56Hz – 22kHz (-6dB freestanding)
Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal, ±10° Coherent Vertical
Maximum Continuous SPL: 108dB (per pair @ 1m)
Crossover Frequency: 2.2kHz
Recommended Power Amplifier: 75 to 300 Watts
Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohm
Connectors: Binding Posts/4mm Plugs, bi-wire
Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD): 400x238x235mm/15.7˝x9.4˝x9.3˝ (eye bolt adds 40mm to the depth)
Weight (Per Cabinet): SCM12 Pro 11kg/24lbs, SCM12i Pro 15kg/33lbs