MTR HPA-2 Headphone Amp
Derived from our HPA-6 model, this smaller stand-alone version has one stereo input and one Aux. input on ¼" jacks, a Loudness button, and two headphone outputs, each with a volume control and a mono button. It is mains powered, with a rear panel on/off switch and fuse.
Multiple units can be scattered around the studio, and the Aux. input allows the electronic musician to set his own level relative to the foldback. Also used by club DJ’s with mixers having an inadequate headphone amp.
MTR HPA-2 Specifications
Specifications are as the HPA-6 except the Loudness button, which gives 6dB boost at 160Hz and 10kHz.
- A,B & Aux Input Imp: 20Kohms unbalanced stereo
- A,B & Aux input sensitivity: 0.25 volts nominal
- Max Output: 2v, 500mW into 8 ohms - 4.7v, 35mW into 600 ohms - 4.8v, 10mW into 2,000 ohms
- High / Low e.q: 10kHz / 100Hz ± 13dB.
- System Gain: 28dB, e.q. flat.
- Hum & Noise: -85dB unweighted.
- T.H.D.: 0.07% @ 1KHz
- Freq. Response: 10Hz-20kHz ± 3dB
- Max Consumption: 100mA
- Dimensions: 70 x 225 x 162 mm
- Weight: 2 Kilos
As used by the BBC, Associated Press Television News, Television Systems Ltd (ITV Anglia, Tyne Tees, ITV West (Bristol), etc.
"If you only need 2 pairs (as I do) the MTR HPA-2 is a superb piece of gear - if you need more, they do a similar 6-way 1u rack box. This gear is bombproof and sounds great - and works with pretty much any headphones and you will get oodles (?) of level". Phil Leigh, SOS, 10.3.01