ATC Pro 2 Dual-Mono Power Amplifier
* Please note under the terms of agreement with the manufacturers we regret that we are not allowed to quote this product outside the UK, France, Italy and Spain.
- 300W per channel.
- True dual-mono design delivers full power simultaneously from both channels, with minimal crosstalk
- Grounded source class A/B circuit topology as found in ATC’s renowned active loudspeakers.
- Ultra wide bandwidth, low distortion and high dynamic range ensure tonal accuracy and perfectly timed transients.
- No compromise, high performance power supply and large heatsinks guarantee outstanding stability and long term reliability.
- A perfect match for any passive studio reference monitor.
- 19” Rack mountable convection cooled chassis
- Hand built in the UK and supported by a 6 year warranty.
The P2 Pro generates 300W/Ch - twice the power of its smaller P1 Pro sibling! It will drive the most challenging loudspeakers with ATC’s signature virtues of wide bandwidth and ultra-low distortion. The ATC P2 Pro is a Dual-Mono design, keeping the power supplies, signal and return paths discreet. This approach ensures that the amplifier will achieve the maximum signal separation with minimal crosstalk, and that intermodulation between channels via the power supplies is reduced to an absolute minimum across a frequency range of 400kHz. It also means that the power delivery from one channel cannot affect the specified power available from the other.
New Top Cover/Lid Design
ATC have been listening! The lid/cover thickness has been increased by 30%. The result is stiffer and heavier and gives the ‘feel’ of much higher quality. This is not the only change! The design of the venting has also been revised; the steel mesh covering the heatsink vents has been replaced by a beautiful acid-etched stainless steel insert. Not only does this component greatly enhance the amplifier visuals, it also reduces lid/cover vibration.
New Power Supply Design
The P2’s power supply includes a massive, custom-made 400 VA low-noise transformer for each channel. The final design of these transformers is the result of seven design iterations with the goal of achieving best possible audio performance and lowest possible mechanical noise. This was achieved by using a very high grade steel core which is then vacuum impregnated with high temperature resin, post winding. The mains power ‘soft-start’ feature has also been revised, slowing the rate at which the unit powers up. We’ll leave you to give us the final verdict but, we’re confident you’ll be impressed.