Genelec 8340A SAM™Active Studio Monitor (Pair)
The 8340A features Genelec MDE™ and DCW™ technologies, Class D amplification, a flow optimized reflex port, very high sound pressure level, low colouration and broad bandwidth as well as universal mains power supply. Fully backward compatible, the 8340A shares all technical attributes and outstanding benefits of all SAM Systems family-members such as Genelec AutoCal™ and Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™) control network technologies which allow adjustments of all aspects of monitor settings.
Covering all possible analogue or digital audio applications, the 8340A is the most advanced monitoring solution for recording studios, post-production houses, digital edit suites, radio, TV and outside broadcasting. You can now focus all your creativity in the audio productions with a reliable monitoring tool, anywhere you are.
Genelec expands its range of new generation, high-resolution Smart Active Monitoring (SAM™) systems. Introducing the 8340 and 8350 Smart monitors with 7360 and 7370 Smart subwoofers, as well as the 9301 AES/EBU Multichannel interface.
The new SAM Systems feature Genelec latest technology platform, including GLM AutoCal and GLM 2.0 software, providing the monitoring solution for all applications, whether in the analogue or digital domains. SAM Systems’ intelligent GLM AutoCal™ technology improves the precision of monitoring by compensating deficiencies in the listening environment.
Genelec SAM is the most advanced and flexible monitoring technology available today.
New 8340 and 8350 Smart Monitors
- New Smart monitors’ connectivity covers all possible analogue or digital audio applications.
- Genelec’s advanced Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE™) and Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) provide a wide, controlled listening area, minimizing early reflections for very accurate sound reproduction on-axis and off-axis.
- New Smart monitors feature improved frequency response flatness achieving very neutral sound reproduction.
- Constant latency above 200 Hz means exact time domain translation which contributes to accurate harmonics and sound image reproduction.
- All connectors facing down for easy cabling and monitor placement against a wall or in a corner.
- New Smart monitors are fully compatible with Genelec wide range of versatile accessories.
Genelec 8340A SAM™ Specifications
SPL: 110 dB
Frequency response: 38 Hz – 22 kHz (-6 dB)
Accuracy of frequency response: ± 1.5 dB (45 Hz - 20 kHz)
Driver dimension: Woofer 6 1/2 inch + Tweeter 3/4 inch, metal dome + DCW™
Amplifier power: Woofer 150 W + Tweeter 150 W (All Class D)
Dimensions: H 365 x W 237 x D 223 mm, 14 3/8 x 9 3/8 x 8 13/16 inch, with Iso-Pod™
Weight: 8.5 kg / 18.7 lb
Connections: 1 x XLR analog input, 1 x input / 1 x output XLR digital AES/EBU, 2 x RJ45 control network