Avantone MixCubes™ Active Mono Monitor
Active recording / mixdown monitors
- The AVANTONE Active MixCubes™ are designed to be high resolution, full-range powered mini-reference monitors for fixed or remote locations.
- The secondary engineering facet was to create a timeless design that compliments a single full range transducer.
- Studios primarily use 2-way & 3-way large monitors designed to represent a wide range reference viewpoint at higher listening levels.
- However …… in the newly developing age of High Definition Audio, there is still a need to hear what your mix will sound like when played back over small “bass-challenged” systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos, ipod docking stations, etc.
- It is important to make mixing judgments based partially on listening to reference monitors that will not impart tonal anomalies caused by crossovers or inferior full range drivers. Particular attention is always paid to the critical mid-range vocal/guitar/keyboard areas. This is where having a full-range monitor without a crossover is truly revealing.
- More than twelve months of R&D, comparative listening & tweaking went into the voicing of the AVANTONE MixCubes™.
- The result is a very smooth sounding, full range upgrade from those old familiar 5C Sound Cubes™ engineers were so fond of in the 1980’s-1990’s.
- Listening tests reveal that the MixCubes™ have a smoother midrange, more accurate, transparent top end response with extended bass while maintaining the basic characteristics of those original little cubes
- Constructed of non-layered, high rigidity MDF board due to its natural low-resonance characteristics.
- All cabinet edges are radiused.
- Elegant Polyurethane high gloss “Butter-Cream” finish
- 7mm thick neoprene pad embedded into the base of the cabinet serves as a skid-resistant acoustic isolator.
- For creative mounting situations, we recessed an industry standard 5/8”-27 mic stand mount into the base.
- The paper cone, (chosen for its musical character) was custom designed utilizing the latest in FEA modeling and “old-school” speaker design artistry. The finest New Zealand pulp material is blended with mica fibers for rigidity and longevity.
- The cloth surround material is made in Japan and has unique damping characteristics, enabling a predictable compliance over the lifespan of the driver.
- The motor structure is made of certified 1008 low carbon steel by Sumitomo. The magnets are Y- 40 GRADE (MIL-SPEC) yielding a 43oz. High-power/low-distortion motor structure.
- Our proprietary 5.25” Die-cast aluminum frame supports the driver/cone minimizing mechanical transfers.
- The outer mounting face of the aluminum frame is polished for an elegant appearance.