Beyerdynamic M 160 Double Ribbon Mic
A classic one is the Beyerdynamic M160, a dynamic double ribbon microphone. Featuring a hypercardioid polar pattern with a noise attenuation of 25 dB at 110°, the M 160 is an outstanding microphone which is very effective for all types of remote and in-studio voice reproduction. In the recording studio, the M 160 is recommended for miking string instruments such as violins, violas, cellos and for pianos, saxophones as well as for hi-hat and toms.
The non-glare black surface of the Beyer M160 ribbon microphone and its small dimensions allow the unobtrusive use in TV or film studios. In conjunction with the M130 dynamic double ribbon microphone the Beyerdynamic M160 is ideal for stereo recordings in MS technique.
- Unique double ribbon microphone transducer
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- Extended frequency response
- Excellent transparency and transient response
- Compact and rugged design
- Warm and natural sound
- Instrumental miking such as saxophone
- Miking of drums (toms, hi-hat)
- MS-stereophony with M 130
Beyerdynamic is one of few microphone manufacturers world-wide that still produce classic ribbon microphones.