The Bettermaker Mastering Compressor is a 2U fully-analogue audio compressor with digital controls and 5” touchscreen, specifically designed to answer the requirements of mastering engineers.
The Bettermaker Mastering Compressor uses an advanced analogue VCA design which can be switched between peak or RMS as well as feedforward or feedback modes. It also boasts three different modes designed to alter the VCA behaviour and recreate the sound of two of the best VCA compressors.
In addition to the different modes, the Mastering Compressor offers a plethora of features, such as dual-mono, stereo and mid/side operations, Dry/Wet mix control, Side-chain HPF, LPF and fully parametric filtering. A Range Setting also offers a gain reduction limit, ensuring that no matter how much higher from the threshold the signal goes, the compression will only be of the amount set by the ratio control.
Like all other Bettermaker units, all parameters of the Mastering Compressor are digitally controlled via the front panel or by the plug-in and automatable.
Bettermaker Mastering Compressor :
- Advanced analogue VCA compressor with PEAK or RMS detection and switchable forward/backward feed
- All parameters digitally controlled via front panel and/or DAW (with dedicated plugin)
- Stereo, dual-mono and mid/side operation modes with focus and sidechain preview function
- Firmware expansion packs—configure the compressor in your own way!
- Our famous BM, SG and DX modes
- Adjustable 15-30Hz high pass filter at the compressor input
- Dry/wet MIX countrol for parallel compression
- HPF, LPF and fully configurable parametric filter in sidechain with option of hardware insert
- Adjustable drive for odd/even clipper
- THD function for harmonically rich sound
- Range setting to limit the maximum amount of gain reduction
- On board masurement of PEAK/RMS levels
- 100% analogue audio signal path
- Total recall and A/B comparison
- Five inch capacitive touchscreen with backlight
- USB connectivity with MAC/PC