SSL AWS Delta 916 Analogue Console
* Please note under the terms of agreement with the manufacturers we regret that we are not allowed to quote this product outside the UK, France, Italy and Spain.
Digital Control for Analogue Souls
The AWS (Analogue Workstation System) reinvented the professional production console by combining classic SSL SuperAnalogue™ console technology with comprehensive DAW control hardware in a single work surface. The AWS is now used by leading international recording artists, producers and engineers and has shaped expectations for session workflow within today's and indeed tomorrows' production environments. The spring 2015 release of AWS delta saw another significant step in the constant evolutionary development that has characterised its enormously successful life. delta-Control (d-Ctrl) is a completely new analogue console automation platform for SSL studio technology that unites the very best of automation in the analogue console domain with DAW based workflow. All new AWS consoles feature delta technology and console upgrades are available for all preceding models. In October 2016 SSL SSL released an update to the AWS 948 that introduces new channel hardware to provide Stereo Channel Outputs and a new independednt Insert IN/OUT switching system.
Designed for mid-scale commercial recording and production facilities, the AWS is available with 16 inputs (AWS 916), 24 inputs (AWS 924) or 48 inputs (AWS 948) within a compact 24 fader frame. The AWS 916 has 16 mic pre's, the AWS 924 and 948 have 24 mic pre's. The AWS 916 & 924 have mono channel strips and the 948 has stereo/dual mono channel strips that offer a second line level input per channel to provide 48 summing channels. All models deliver pristine SuperAnalogue™ summing, 24 ultra-clean SSL SuperAnalogue mic pre's, classic SSL dual curve EQ on every channel, two assignable SSL Dynamics channels, legendary Stereo Bus Compressor, TotalRecall™ and full 5.1 monitoring. In addition to on board classic SSL Automation, all models feature the new d-Ctrl system.
The AWS also features Ethernet connectivity for streamlined hardware control over your entire Digital Audio Workstation environment. AWS delivers elegant, ergonomic physical control with dedicated heavy duty DAW transport, V-Pot multifunction encoders with position indicating LED's, Digital Scribble Strips, DAW fader mode, global and channel routing control and built-in TFT display for advanced plug-in editing. Project Session Management is kept simple through SSL's proprietary Logictivity interface.
The AWS is an SSL SuperAnalogue™ console, featuring the audio performance specifications that have established the benchmarks by which other manufacturers are measured. Exceptionally low THD, noise floor & crosstalk levels keep your audio absolutely pristine, while our legendary headroom carries every nuance of your audio and allows engineers to mix 'hotter' without distortion.
- NEW! Stereo Channel Outputs privde post pan, stereo channel stem recording in a single pass (948 only)
- NEW! Independent insert IN/OUT switching on In-Line channels simplifies installation and expands the versatility of the Monitor path (948 only)
- NEW! Enhanced Small Screen Signal Flow graphics in the Chan Setup page dynamically displays processing order and IN/OUT status on Stereo and In-Line channels
- Combination of SuperAnalogue™ console and advanced DAW controller
- SSL SuperAnalogue™ mix bus provides pristine audio foundations
- SSL SuperAnalogue mic pre's provide transparent record path
- Innovative Dual Path Channel with three versatile operating modes (948 only)
- 48 inputs on AWS 948;
- IN-LINE TRACKING = 1 mic + 1 line inputs per channel
- IN-LINE MIX = 2 x mono line inputs per channel
- STEREO MIX = 1 x stereo line input per channel
- NEW! δelta-Control advanced integration of console and DAW automation.
- AWSomation SSL motorised fader mix automation based on the heritage of G and K series Ultimation
- Versatile 4 band channel EQ, assignable Dynamics and SSL Master Bus Compressor
- 4-Band EQ design with independent E/G curve switching of HF/LF (Stereo on 948 only)
- 5.1 Surround monitoring and Monitor calibration including Bass management
- MIDI over Ethernet multi layer DAW workstation control
- Digital Scribble Strips for console and DAW data
- Elegant project setup via SSL Logictivity Remote Browser and SD card storage
- SSL's unique trademarked TOTAL RECALL™ system with 'TR Autoscan'
- Responsible 'green' manufacturing and reduced power consumption
- Compact 24 fader frame ideal for small control rooms