To get the best prices on API consoles please contact us and we'll be happy to advise and give you an accurate quote.
The API 2448 offers a powerful and impressive feature set including Dual Inputs on each channel, Stereo Returns and optionally, API's new cross-platform Final TouchTM fader automation system. The 2448 expands API's powerful line of world-class analogue recording consoles and continues API's nearly 50 year legacy of combining functionality and reliability with the unmistakable warmth of the API sound.
2448 Console Features:
- Available in 24, 32, and 40 Channel Frame sizes
- Each channel equipped with Mic Pre and Equalizer
- Accepts API 500 Series Equalizers
- Each Channel features Dual Inputs (small fader rotary pot, pan, solo, mute, safe and flip)
- 56 Channels available to the Mix Bus - in a 24 Channel Frame
- 8 Multitrack Buses
- 8 Auxiliary Buses
- 1 Stereo Bus
- 4 Stereo Returns, 100mm faders (manual or automated) with Multitrack and Stereo Bus assign
- Full Center Section Control
- Surround 5.1 Center Section Monitoring
- Classic Analog Metering
- Global 0dB Small Fader Bypass
- 529C Stereo Bus Compressor (optional)
- Comprehensive Rear Panel IO Connectivity
- Final Touch Motorized Fader Automation System
Derived from API's Vision Automation System used extensively in the Vision, Legacy Plus and AXS consoles, API now offers optional Final Touch fader automation for the 2448 console.
Final Touch automation combines system reliability, user flexibility and operational simplicity and offers a host of features found only in the most expensive and sophisticated console automation systems typically costing many times more. Consoles can be factory-fitted with Final Touch automation prior to delivery, and existing 2448 consoles can be retrofitted with Final Touch automation.
New: In addition to the 2448, API's Final Touch automation systems are available for the flagship Vision console, the Legacy AXS, and the 1608-II. This allows for mix files to be easily transferred across any of these API console products.
Final Touch Automation Features:
- Reliable, self-contained system requiring no external computer
- Individual Switch Control on each fader
- Global Control Panel in the console Center Section
- Hi Resolution 7.5" Touch Screen Control
- Files are easily saved to standard memory cards
- Automated Mute and Insert switches on each channel
- Unlimited Fader Groups with 2 dedicated Group Master Faders
- Motorized Stereo Program Fader
- 4 Motorized Stereo Returns
- DAW Control with unity gain audio bypass
- Unlimited Mix Restore points
- Comprehensive Operations Manual