Universal Audio UAD2 Quad Core
Stunning analog power for your Mac or PC tower.Ready to super-charge your Mac or PC tower with world-class analog sound? UAD-2 DSP Accelerator cards provide full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive plug-ins from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL and more. The UAD-2 packages feature a user-installable PCIe-format processing card for your desktop tower or compatible expansion chassis, plus the “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle (VST/AU/RTAS), giving you vintage tone and character, right out of the box. UAD-2: The industry’s most respected collection of audio plug-ins. From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 10 years. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins so faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — from rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
The award-winning UAD library features nearly 60 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled “Custom” and “Ultimate” packages, or you can buy UAD plug-ins à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
Expandable processing power, from SOLO to OCTO. UAD-2 DSP Accelerator cards are available in four distinct processor levels: SOLO, DUO, QUAD, and OCTO. With scalable processing power from one (SOLO) to eight (OCTO) individual Analog Devices SHARC processors, UAD DSP Accelerators offer a big mixing horsepower “boost” to your host Mac or PC workstation.
Much like a studio rack filled with dedicated analog gear, UAD PCIe cards let you reliably run larger mixes, filled with rich, sonically complex plug-ins — no matter what the rest of your system is doing. For example, a UAD-2 OCTO can run up to 80 mono instances of our groundbreaking Studer A800 Tape Machine plug-in — a processing task that would bring a native workstation to its knees.
Available as Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages. UAD-2 DSP Accelerators are available as “Core,” “Custom,” and “Ultimate” software packages. The Core package includes the Analog Classics plug-in bundle (see contents above right). The Custom package includes Analog Classics bundle, plus it lets you pick any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The OCTO Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, and includes more than 55 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v6.3.
UAD plug-in craftsmanship: The science behind the scenes. Most people don’t immediately think of audio software when they hear the word “craftsmanship.” But that’s what separates UAD plug-ins from the rest. One of the most common responses we hear from UAD users is, “Wow, I didn’t know plug-ins could sound this good.” That’s because in developing UAD-2 plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware. This process means that we essentially “rebuild” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. It’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins on Mac and PC towers and PCIe expansion chassis
- Access nearly 60 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Includes DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format), plus a choice of Core, Custom or Ultimate UAD plug-in packages
- Available in SOLO, DUO, QUAD, and OCTO models w/ 1, 2, 4, or 8 SHARC processors
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- All packages include “Analog Classics” bundle featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A and Realverb Pro plug-ins.
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite (FireWire), and Apollo audio interface
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion and Windows 7 compatible