Featuring Universal Audio’s breakthrough Dynamic Speaker Modeling, the OX emulates speaker breakup and cone cry like no other unit on the market. It’s the world’s finest boutique speaker attenuator and guitar amp recording solution — overbuilt for years of home and studio use.
What you can get out of the OX.
- Play and record your tube amplifier in its tonal sweet spot — anywhere, at any volume, with full dynamics
- Try out, edit and save more than 100 awesome custom amplifer rigs from compatible iPad or Mac using the supplied app.
- Get guitar and microphone cabinet combinations at the turn of a RIG knob to get an authentic sound with no miking required
- Get “edge of destruction” type sounds, with Uuniversal's Dynamic Room Modeling, speaker breakup, and cone cry
Features of the Universal Audio OX Amp Top Box:
- Premium, no-compromise analog reactive load box for tube guitar amps
- Five finely-tuned guitar amp attenuation levels — from off, to whisper quiet, to full band volume
- Front-panel “Rig” control for instant, album-quality mic and speaker cabinet emulations
- UA Dynamic Speaker Modeling emulates speaker breakup and cone cry
- World-class Universal Audio EQ, compression, delay, and reverb effects built-in
- Selectable 4, 8, and 16-Ohm operation
- Front-panel Headphone out for silent practice with cranked tones
- Balanced TRS line outs, and S/PDIF digital outputs for stereo recording
- Pair with OX mobile or desktop app over Wi-Fi for editing and saving presets
A Complete Guitar Recording System
OX’s front-panel, six-position RIG control allows you to quickly choose from complete setups — including emulated speaker cabinets, close mics, ambient room mics, and up to four simultaneous studio effects. OX is also the only guitar recording system to offer a complete selection of expertly placed room mics, giving you the authentic experience of pushing air while recording your cranked amp in a world-class tracking room.
Easy To Use Software App
Most guitar products do digital awkwardly. They’re ugly and hard to understand. The OX software app, on the other hand, offers slick, intuitive control over all of OX’s RIG settings via Wi-Fi — letting you tweak, store and recall hundreds of presets from your iPad or Mac. You can then save your six favorite tones onto OX’s front-panel RIG knob for instant recall in the studio or at a gig.