Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Microphone Preamp Interface
Buy Discrete 8 Basic at special price, Get the Premium Upgrade Pack, worth £445, for FREE!
Premium Upgrade Pack includes:
- All 70+ real-time FPGA effects
- 8 channel strips with 4 FX instances each
- AFX2DAW bridge plugin
The "AFX2DAW" plugin: (Available only on MacOS via Thunderbolt)
- Real-time usage of FPGA effects in your preferred DAW
- Near 0 latency
- Lower usage of CPU
- Session saving
ALL-STAR TECHNOLOGY & PERFORMANCE
Antelope Audio’s Discrete 8 Microphone Preamp Interface brings a new level of sound quality and power to home studios and mobile recordists. It comes with 8 console grade 6-transistor discrete preamps, 121 db dynamic range conversion and rock solid clocking.
Features of the Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Microphone Preamp Interface
8 DISCRETE MIC PREAMPS
- Console-grade 6-transistor discrete microphone preamps
MIC PREAMP MODELING
- Turn the expensive sounding Discrete 8 mic pres into classic units via Tube, Transformer and FET based circuitry in real-time
REAL-TIME FPGA FX
- Premier real-time FX including BAE, Grove Hill, Gyraf Audio and Lang classics to use in the Easy Panel or in a DAW
- Discrete 8 features Antelope’s 4th Generation 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology
- Create up to 4 custom monitoring mixes with FPGA FX included and send them to Headphone or Monitor outs; Talkback feature also included
- Control all Discrete 8 features via its intuitive Easy Panel or download the free iOS and Android mobile apps
Discrete 8 features all of Antelope Audio's premier real-time FPGA FX
Including authentic models of iconic gear from BAE, Lang, Gyraf Audio and many more. The Antelope AFX platform is a rapidly expanding hardware modelling engine. Discrete 8 includes Accusonic 3D microphone and preamp models, guitar amps, transformer and tube FX, and a huge selection of classic vintage gear, which are now accessible in the DAW via the new ConnectAFX Plugin.
Inside the Discrete 8 FPGA Accusonic 3D modelling engine you can transform both Edge and Verge into vintage replicas giving you complete control over proximity effect, off-axis response and even allow you to change polar patterns during or after recording. Choose from a collection of classic and expensive microphones and track the results as you monitor live, bringing out a musician’s best possible performance.
Console-grade and fully Discrete Preamps offer world-class sound.
Discrete 8 was developed after an extensive research of legendary microphone preamp circuitry. The Antelope Audio FPGA engine can transform these already expensive sounding Accusonic preamps into a plethora of classic units real-time. The microphone source can be recorded with and without Accusonic modelling. This allows the engineer to choose between preamp models during mixing.