The AKG C414B-ULS is a Large diaphragm microphone with four selectable polar patterns. Switchable 0, — 10. — 20 dB pre-attenuation and bass roll-off (75 and 150 Hz, 12 dB/octave). All-metal case for rf shielding.
The C 414 has been used for years as an all purpose studio microphone for vocal and instrument recording The levels it will reproduce distortion free are extremely high for a condenser microphone: 140 dB (160 dB with pad switched in) at 1 kHz and 134/154 dB over the wide band from 30 to 20,000 Hz!
Therefore, the C 414 is often chosen for the bass drum or tom-toms.
With a dynamic range of 126 dB, the C 414 B-ULS already fulfills the requirements of future digital studio technology.
Demanding sound engineers have been using the C 414 on stage. too. for overheads. grand piano. or wind instruments.
AKG C414B-ULS STANDARD ACCESSORIES
- SA 18l38 Stand adapter
- W 414 Foam windscreen
AKG C414B-ULS OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES
- H 15/22 Elastic suspension
- H 17 A Elastic suspension / windscreen
- PF 20 “Stocking type” pop screen
- B 18 Battery power supply
- N 62, N 66 AC power supplies
- MK 9/10 Cable
- St 102 Boom stand
- St 200 Floor stand
B9 BATTERY POWER SUPPLY
The B 9 has one 11’4″ output jack and two 1/8″ input jacks to feed two C 401/B, C 402/B. C 408/B, C 409/B, or C 410/B microphones. Balance and master volume controls. 9-V battery not included.
MPA MICROMIC PHANTOM POWER ADAPTER
- Operates off 9 — 52 V phantom power
- Fixed 0.5 m (20-in.) cable with 11’8″ jack socket
- Built-in 3-pin male XLR-connector
- Microphone cable can be soldered directly to MPA p.c.b. in place of MPA cable.
View the C414B-ULS in our Classic Brochures.
Check out our article on the history of the AKG C12/C414 Sound Bites – A Very Rough Guide To The AKG C12 and C414