PM0.4n - Nearfield Monitors Purple Finish
I touch on these little beauties in my Fostex Monitor overview and have little to add. For the price of twenty cafe latte's in the posher parts of Kensington you can score a pair of thoroughly decent two way powered monitors (with 4 inch bass). Of course, this makes them ideal for computer workstations or budget home rigs but hang on a minute, let's not be condescending. I would quite happily hang a pair of .04''s on hte meter bridge of my classic Neve and flip between them, my Rogers LS3/5A's and the main four way Boxers to give me a balanced view of how my mixes were sounding (lumpy and lopsided a usual, I fear).
Don't dismiss these little beauties. It's just possible they may end up as an industry standard mini monitor. Stranger things have happened, and these speakers do pack a pokey punch for the bucks.
Recommended. A Funky Junk Value Product
Since its debut in late 2005, the PM0.4 has earn’t an enviable reputation for high performance and sonic clarity. New for 2010 is the superbly attractive PM0.4n. - Need a speaker for installation into clubs, bars, restaurants or retail environment? No problem. With its compact size and ‘wall mountability’ the PM0.4-n fits right in. Available in a range of five high gloss colours, this new monitor sounds even better than it looks. And it looks stunning.
- Ultra compact - can be wall mounted using a suitable bracket such as K&M model 24185 - see photos of bracket below.
- Exclusively designed aromatic polyamide LF driver and UFLC (ply Urethane Film Laminated Cloth)
- HF driver for maximum sound performance
- High efficient bi-amplifier drive with 18W each for LF and HF drivers
- Offers superb audio transparency and quality in the studio
- Beautiful glossy front baffle with gently tapered top
- Available in a range of five attractive colours: Black, White, Red, Yellow and Violet making it ideal for installation in Pubs, Clubs, Restaurants and Retail environments***
- Enclosure system: 2-way bass-reflex system
- Drivers: LF 4" cone speaker / HF 6/8" soft dome tweeter
- Freq. Response: 60Hz to 30kHz
- Low Freq Cut-Off: 60Hz (-10dB)
- High Freq Cut-Off: 22Hz (-10dB)
- Output Power: 18W (LF), 18W (HF)
- Input Terminals: 6mm TS Phone (unbalanced), RCA Pin (unbalanced)
- Distortion: Less than 0.1% T.H.D. @12W, 4-ohm 20Hz-20kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Less than 75dB, 20Hz-30kHz, unweighted
- Power Consumption: 40W
- Physical Dimensions 144mm (W) x 220mm (H) x 180mm (D)
- Net Weight 3.75kgs