3 way active monitors
* Call or email for best professional prices
ATC launch the SCM25 SL Pro, the company’s first compact 3-way active studio monitor loudspeaker. The loudspeaker aims to bring the performance of ATC’s well know larger models to a compact package, better suited to the smaller control room, production or broadcast suite.
As with all ATC products, acoustic performance has been the primary goal and the design uses drive units and amplifier technology from the larger SCM series loudspeakers.
The drive units all use large diameter, under-hung voice coils for excellent dynamic range and linearity. The mid-range dome is the company’s world renowned soft dome, and the bass driver is a hand built, in house, using a carbon-paper cone with high excursion capability.
On-board amplification is constructed around the company’s class A/B Mosfet output stage delivering 150W to the bass driver, 60W to the mid and 25W to the high frequency driver, with all three stages fed by 4th order critically damped crossover filters with phase compensation.
An added feature of the compact design is that it can be rack mounted using an optional rack mounting kit, making it ideally suited to broadcast and outside broadcast applications.
"We hope this new loudspeaker will be very well suited to applications requiring a small package but also requiring the high resolution and bass extension that comes with a larger 3-way design", says Ben Lilly, R&D engineer at ATC. "The loudspeaker certainly performs over and above what you expect of its size, but without the uncontrolled low frequency response found with many compact designs. We hope this new loudspeaker will bring ATC performance to many more audio professionals who didn’t have the workspace suited to our larger products."
The SCM25 SL Pro is available now and comes with a 6 year product warranty.
* Stands not included
- 25mm soft dome tweeter.
- ATC hand built 2"/75mm soft dome mid driver
- ATC hand built 7"/175mm carbon-paper cone bass driver
- On board 235W class A/B three channel amplifier
- Compact size with high output and low cut-off frequency
- 19" rack mountable
- 6 year warranty.
- Drivers : HF 25mm soft dome, Mid 75mm soft dome, LF 175mm short-coil carbon paper cone
- Amplitude Linearity (±2dB) : 74Hz-17kHz
- Cut-off Frequencies (-6dB, free-standing) : 47Hz-22kHz
- Horizontal Dispersion : ±80°, Coherent
- Vertical Dispersion : ±10°, Coherent
- Max. Continuous SPL (1 metre) : 109dB
- Audio Input : rear panel mounted female xlr (pin 2 +)
- Input Sensitivity 1V rms (ref. full output)
- Input Sensitivity Trim : 0dB to -6dB (continuously variable via rear panel trimmer)
- Input Impedance : Balanced > 10kΩ
- Amplifier Output Power: Bass 150W rms, Mid 60W rms, High 25W rms
- Crossover Frequencies : 380Hz & 3.5Khz
- Crossover Filters : 4th order critically damped with phase compensation
- Low Frequency Boost : 0dB to +6dB at 40Hz (continuously variable via rear panel trimmer)
- Overload Protection : Active FET momentary gain reduction
- Mains Power Requirements : 115/230V, 50/60Hz via rear panel switch, 100v 50/60Hz factory set
- Mains Power Consumption : 56VA (standby max) 154VA (typical 1/8th power) 375VA (max)
- Thermal Output : 53W (idle) 130W (1/8th power)
- Dimensions (HxWxD) : 264 x 430 x 408mm
- Weight : 30kg / 66lbs (per cabinet)